Monday, December 19, 2011

Good Morning my Blog Readers!! only 6 more days until Christmas, and I have to say, we have been "ready" for a week now ( minus the ribbon on the presents and actually putting the presents under the tree!)
I have to share a quick little story before I forget in all the business of Christmas. 
Every night, I put Hudson to bed.. sing him one song, just ONE song.. pray with him and tell him his story about Spikey, the little boy with spiky hair that he sprays orange...  this Spikey dude has a ton of adventures, and every night has to be a different story "from my mouth" which in regular terms means that I make up the story as I go along.  ANYWAYS.  Every night, after the newest story about Spikey has been told, I give Hudson his injection of his long acting insulin, NPH.  The Green Pen.  And just in the last week or so, Hudson has decided that he will finally give his pen to his "diabetic" Hippo "Hungry"  and his "diabetic" teddy bear from his buddy Tye.  Hudson has been getting better and better at giving the injection more gently on his bear and hippo and not stabbing them so hard that the pen tip bends.  I dont think Hippo or Teddy like getting the pen in the head, but whatever makes Hudson smile and gets him more comfortable with holding the pen is fine with me.  So last night, Hudson decided that the Hippo and the Teddy  both need their pens in their legs, so he goes ahead and lines up Hippo and Teddy up on his tiny little legs and begins to stick the pen in them more gently, and as he was concentrating so hard he accidently stuck the pen in his OWN leg!  At first he was a little bit shocked, but than he looked up to me as I was looking at his little face to judge the reaction he would have, and he said " Mommy I did it, I actually did it!!  I gave myself a pen! In my LEG!"  He was rubbing it a little as he was telling me this and looking at me like it hurt a bit, but he was so proud and shocked at the same time that I couldn't help but smile at him and cheer a little bit.  I think Mommy Cheers are a bit more loud than they are actually meant to be, but anything to make him proud of what he had just did since he absolutely refuses to let us go anywhere near his legs with the needles. I didn't want to make a HUGE deal of it in front of him, but he had to know that we were so proud of his "Accident" and since he can now check his little finger by himself ( with our help with the actual finger poker to make sure that he doesn't poke anywhere but the side of his fingers) he is I GUESS, becoming a bit more independant!
A cute little moment


No comments: