Tuesday, October 4, 2011

8 MONTHS - Strong.

I know, its been a LONG time since I last posted on here..
We have just been dealing with a TON of higher numbers, and like any of you who know... Along with high numbers comes a lil cutie with an attitude.. a temper.. and the whining.. OH THE WHINING!! I was going CRAZY!!!  And than.. came his cold.. all those high numbers.. we knew something was up.. Growth Spurt.. yes! A whole INCH.. and now.. a runny lil nose.  Oh Diabetes.. thanks for the week of headaches on my part.. thats all I can say!
And now, my sweet little boy is back with his funny, goofy personality!  I thought maybe an alien had taken him over for a week there!
We have been up to a lot.. we JUST decided to take Hudson off his naps and now we have some quality time to make up and create all these super neat things..  His new obsession.. ANGRY BIRDS!
Todays project:  Salt Dough Angry Birds that we are going to end up painting during tomorrows relax time. ( When his baby sister naps)
This last week with all its highs has taught us alot!

I can't believe how strong and how brave my little guy can be!  If you know me even a little, you know that I am TERRIFIED of needles! I hate them!  I couldn't even look at my mom and my sister this past weekend as they were in giving blood at the Blood Clinic!  Here I was, sitting in between them on this teeny tiny lil rolly chair.. and I couldn't even look over.. my elbow- pit ached with the thought of giving blood.. you know.. like a restless elbow pit syndrome or something!
ANYWAYS.. my poor little guy has been complaining that his "pens" are hurting.. and not both pens... just the "green" one!  He screams and cries as I roll up his little sleeve.. but he still gives me his arm.. if that was me.. I think the whole TOWN would hear me screaming.. Through the pain he remains strong.. its unbelievable how he can just take the pens.. through the pain.. clenching his teeth with tears in his eyes.. and than he says "No pen until Supper.. right mom?"  Like that little bit of information is enough for him to make it through the day.. to just grin and bear the 2 needle pinches in the morning because he knows than that the rest of the day is free of pens until supper!  
Another one of our catastrophes was my brilliant idea to take our Annual Fall Pictures this past week with a toddler diabetic who had high numbers and an 11 month old who was so close to her nap time.. but I "had" to do it before all the leaves blew off the trees since living in a super windy area can do that.. so dressing them up all "fallish" we start our lil photo shoot at 9AM .. And I must say.. DO NOT TRY THAT without having some sort of help with you..  high bloodsugar combined with the wind and boogers equals a screaming crying snotty 3 year old.. and an 11 month old who is terrified of the crunchiness of these brown leaves!   So, my first attempt at these photos was a major disaster..!
BUT.. things are at least looking up from here..
normal blood sugar levels AND the Annual pumpkin Festival this weekend can only mean one thing! GREAT Fall Pictures .. Take 2 :)
I cant believe how much we have learnt over the last 8 months.. and frankly.. I cant even believe it has already been 8 months since diabetes joined our family..



Alot has changed.. A lot has stayed the same.. and the acceptance from people around us has been incredible!  Right down to Hudson's Junior Sunday School Teachers who love him so much that they brought his favorite snack to class with them on Sunday for the whole class! How sweet is that!  OREOS FOR EVERYONE!!  What a great bunch of girls.. so from them to even his hairdressers at Beaners who save the bags from the suckers they give out as a treat.. just so we can check the carbs on it.. And, I can't forget Hudson's Gymnastics Coaches who were there from the very day we had him tested for Type 1.. and now ask him every class how he is doing.. how he is feeling.. THANK YOU!!! You guys are amazing..  And now.. here are some of the photos from our disaster of a photo shoot :)

Hudson Age: 8 months - The Beginning of our now Annual Fall Photos
Hudson: Age 1 Year, 8 Months Old - What a CUTIE!

Hudson: 2 Years 8 months old 
Tenley's First Fall Photo Shoot - Age: 11 months



Hudson- Age 3 Years, 8 Months old .... Oh Hudson.. we need to do another set

Here are our Angry Birds made out of Salt Dough and than Baked.. now to paint them :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE PICTURES!

Congrats on 8 months of whirlwind survival.

You've come a long way, Baby!

Sandra Shuya said...

I can't believe it's been 8 months. It just seems like the other day that I got to help out with little Tenley while you spent time with Hudson at the hospital... You guys are doing an amazing job and I am so proud of you...
Continuing to Pray for you and your family... I LOVE YOU....

Unknown said...

Thanks Wendy :) We have come a long way.. I can't believe how much we have grown and how strong we have become!!